Powered by Blogger.

Over the past ten years I have accumulated a lot of experience in coordinating events. I served for several years in Stake Primary, including a few years as Stake Primary President and upon my release I was called almost immediately as the Ward Young Women President.

In these callings I spent many, many hours coordinating leadership training, teacher training, camp, youth conference, etc.

With all of the event coordinating I have done, one stands out as the biggest project I have undertaken. I have it listed as a "current project," but the reality is that I have (for the moment) given up on Mom's Cooking Crisis.

A couple of years ago I had an idea for a cooking show. The concept is that instead of professional cooks, we would have moms on the show. Moms cook every day for the harshest critics and I wanted to bring that out. So, I produced a cooking show where two moms would compete in the kitchen, side-by-side. Their challenges varied from the "picky eater challenge" to the "you're cooking a special birthday breakfast for your daughter when she remembers she is supposed to bring a treat for the whole class to school with her." Then, as the contestants cooked, we would throw out another small challenge like changing a diaper, taking an important phone call or helping a child with homework.

I produced and directed this show. I coordinated venue, prizes, contestants and judges. I also found a photography director as well as a sound editor (for Season 2). All of us involved in this production worked on a volunteer basis. It still amazes me that I found that many people to work for free! This production took a lot of time and effort. I LOVED it. I loved working hard so all of the pieces came together. In all the weeks of filming, we always had a place to film, contestants, judges, prizes and crew.

The problem with this show came after production. Those who had been willing to do post-production became busy in their lives with projects that actually paid them money (go figure). We ended up with two shows from Season 1 (not great production quality) that I edited myself and lots and lots of footage for other shows (Season 2 with a much higher production quality) that I didn't have the time or talent to edit myself.

Maybe someday this show will be edited and posted online. Who knows? Many fantastic things came from this project, but the project itself would have to be called a fail.